Friday, March 4, 2011

Went to paint, and a game broke out

Hello readers,
I went over to Games Workshop today put some colors onto those blood claws. I didn't get far though. The next guy to walk into the store was down for a 1000 point game. He was playing the mellow Marines. I brought my Storm Wolves.

Storm Wolves 1000 points

HQ

Irnest the Wise (Rune Priest), chooser of the slain, meltabomb, psychic powers; Jaws of the world wolf & Living lightning.

115

The Mighty Tempest (Rune Priest), master of the runes, chooser of the slain, psychic powers; Living lightning, TempestWrath.

160

ELITES

Wolf guard pack (three), power fist (1), MotW / combimelta/meltabomb (1), thunder Hammer (1)

124

Wolf scout pack (5), MotW, Meltagun,

100

TROOPS

Gray Hunters Pack (10), MotW, meltaguns (2), Wolf standard, power fist

205

Gray Hunters Pack (10), MotW, meltaguns (2), Wolf standard, power fist

205

HEAVY SUPPORT

Predator, heavy Bolter side sponsors, dozer blade.

90



The space Marines were set up as 2 tactical squads both with rhinos, a cog boy, 3 attack bikes in a single squad, and the whirlwind that always missed.

I almost had him tabled in three, and at the end of seven I own both objectives. He had three members of a tactical squad left, and I had all of my units still. He was diced pretty hard, but only on the offense. It was ugly, and I felt bad for him.

This little thousand pointer has a 3-1 record. It's very forgiving, and the predator takes such a large proportion of the fire. I I wish I could afford the points in the 2500 point Army to take a predator. I know it only draws fire for the first round or two, but that can be a lot of heavy weapons fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment