Saturday, February 26, 2011

Introduction

Hello readers and welcome to War Clown. This is the first post on a new blog, so I figure I should tell you what it's about.

I like to play with toys. I'm not ashamed, I'm a gamer. I never got over my love of games, and I love to play Warhammer 40 K. But beyond that, I have discovered that I love modeling and painting the miniatures almost as much. It is this combination of an awesome and complex strategy wargame, and the creative release of modeling and painting your own soldiers and tanks which has so many of us still playing with toys.

The imagery and the background that Games Workshop have created through their codices and novels from the Black Library are epic. I've been a big science fiction fantasy fan since about the age of 8, so from first seeing a Games Workshop store I did not have a chance. I am currently building a space wolves Army for 'Ard Boy's later this year. I also have 1750 worth of Necrons. I also own a tyranid Blood Bowl team (play as lizard men), and a necromantic team as well.

To start War Clown will be following the completion of my 'ard boys 2500 point Army. I'm almost there, only about 30 models left to paint. At the same time I will try to post some editorials and battle reports as I test my Army for weaknesses. Any input or feedback would be appreciated, but if you prefer to be a lazy no good freeloader then be my guest.




I hope you enjoy my insights as well as my exploits. Raise those hatchets Juggalos!

No comments:

Post a Comment